Peloton revolutionized the at-home workout indoor cycling bike. It’s fun, it’s interactive, and it’s one great workout. We personally love using our Peloton. And as more and more people started to purchase the Peloton, it got us thinking. Are people aware of the shoes they need for the Peloton?
Just imagine, spending all that money buying the Peloton. Waiting for it to be delivered. Unboxing it.
Then trying to use your Peloton bike, only to find out that the shoes you are wearing aren’t compatible with it. The horror. The disappointment. Just imagining it made us realize we need to help.
So what shoes are compatible with the Peloton bike? Will your cycling shoes work? So many questions, turn this pleasant experience into a total nightmare. Well, don’t panic!
We have all the answers for you. The first thing you need to know is that Peletons are only compatible with the Look Delta three-bolt cleats. So whatever shoes you purchase, also need to be compatible with the Look Delta three-bolt cleats.
And there are a lot of shoes out there. This can make choosing the right shoe for you a confusing ordeal. That is why we are here. We’ve put together a list of the 9 best Peloton compatible shoes for both men and women.
We’ve also included a handy buyer’s guide, so you succeed at finding the perfect Peloton compatible shoe for you.
If you want to guarantee that your shoes will work with the Peloton bike then there is no safer option than going for the shoe Peloton has released. These shoes were designed specifically for the Peloton bike.
These shoes by Peloton come with cleats, so you don’t have to worry about purchasing them separately. They are also unisex, meaning there are sizes for both men and women.
The shoe is only compatible with the Look Delta cleats, so you wouldn’t be able to switch these cleats for the SPD cleats.
When these shoes arrive the cleats are not attached to them but don’t worry, the shoes come with an Allen key so you can attach them. There are also spare parts in the packaging, in case you lose any. There is also a little guide to help you attach the cleats to the shoes.
When we were testing this shoe out we found they seemed durable and sturdy. After a few uses, we noticed that there were no tears and the shoe remained in good condition. In terms of the fit of the shoe, they are quite comfortable and snug.
We do think that those who have wider feet might find these shoes to be a bit too narrow. We really enjoyed the fact these shoes had velcro closures and a ratchet closure, to adjust the fit of the shoes. Our favorite part of these shoes was the design of the tongue.
The tongue of this shoe is attached to the top strap meaning it stays in place when you are cycling. Another great design aspect of this shoe is the mesh vent and breathable upper. This really helps to keep your feet cool and comfortable.
- Durable - These shoes didn’t show any signs of wear after using them a few times.
- Tongue - The design of the tongue means that it doesn’t slip down when cycling which can get in the way of your workout.
- Breathable - The breathable features of the upper and the mesh vent keep your feet from overheating.
- Narrow - We found these shoes to be a little narrow and tight. This might not make them suitable for those with wider feet.
- Expensive - These shoes are on the expensive side so might not be ideal for those with a smaller budget.
Best Women’s Peloton Compatible Shoe
First, we’ll start by looking at the best Peloton compatible shoes for women.
The next shoe we thought deserved to be on this list is the Tommaso Pista Cycling shoes. These shoes are of good quality and are comfortable. These shoes are one of our favorite picks for women’s shoes compatible with the Peloton.
The Tommaso Pista shoes are a great option for the Peloton bike as they come with the cleats attached. The other bonus of these shoes is that they are compatible with both the Look Delta cleats and the SPD cleats.
This is great for those who want to buy a shoe that has multiple cycling purposes, no matter what the pedal is. Although, when purchasing this shoe it only comes with one of the cleats you opt for, not both types.
We really like the fact there were different options in terms of color. When these shoes arrived, they had the cleats already attached.
This was a big hit for us as we didn’t have to fiddle with putting them on. As with all great shoes, they came with some spare parts and an Allen key.
Let’s discuss the comfort of these shoes, as I’m sure this is the part you want to know about! The shoes have three velcro clasps that you can adjust to make the shoes tighter. When testing these shoes out, we found they fit nicely and would recommend getting your normal size.
For those who want a more snug fit then we would recommend sizing down. In some ways, these shoes fit similar to wide fit shoes. We noticed that there were complaints from other customers about the fit.
In terms of how good they are for cycling, we really liked them. We did have issues with the tongue as unlike Pelotons own cycling shoe, the tongue kept slipping down when we were cycling. Other than that, the shoes remained in good condition when testing them.
- Durable - After using them a few times, there were no signs of the shoes breaking or tearing.
- Multipurpose - The Tommaso Pista cycling shoes are compatible with both types of cleats. This is great for meeting all your cycling needs, regardless of the pedal.
- Cleats installation - These shoes come with the cleats attached. This was a huge hit as it meant we could unbox them and cycle straight away. No more hassle!
- Tongue - We found the tongue was slipping down our feet when using them. This made it difficult when cycling at times as it interrupted the flow.
Venzo is known for making cycling shoes for both men and women. That is why we knew they had to be included on this list. The Venzo women cycling shoe is the perfect shoe for those who are searching for a lightweight shoe.
Venzo women’s cycling shoes come in a variety of colors, so there should be something for everyone’s tastes. These shoes are also compatible with both the Look Delta cleats and the SPD cleats. Therefore, you can use them for any pedal you come across. However, they only come in Look Delta cleats.
When these shoes arrived, they came with the Look Delta cleats unattached. What we didn’t enjoy about the packaging was that they didn’t come with anything to help attach the cleats, like an Allen key.
When we tested these shoes out, we had one thought. These would be great shoes for beginners. These shoes seemed to be true to size, so we would recommend buying your usual size.
When we were trying these shoes, we found them to be very comfortable and lightweight. It didn’t feel like the shoe was slowing us down when cycling.
A fantastic feature of the Venzo women’s cycling shoes is the velcro straps. This shoe has three velcro clasps that you can use to tighten the shoes. Our favorite feature was the fact the tongue was attached to the middle velcro strap.
This was great because we had no issues with the tongue when riding the Peloton. The shoe is designed so the top of the shoe is made from mesh. This allows your feet to breathe and keeps them relatively dry. It also helps the shoe to dry faster after using them.
In terms of the pricing, they are cheaper than the other shoes we’ve already included. However, they are not cheaper by much so some might find these to be a bit expensive.
- Breathable - The entire upper of the shoe is made from mesh. This allows for air circulation meaning your feet don’t get too hot or sweaty.
- Tongue - The tongue of this shoe is attached to the middle velcro strap. This allows for the tongue to stay in place when riding.
- Multipurpose - These shoes are compatible with both types of cleats. This is great for using them on bikes that have different pedals.
- Cleats installation - You have to install the cleats on these shoes. Unfortunately, they do not come with anything to help you install them.
When putting together this list, we wanted to include options for everyone. Including options for those who are starting out their cycling journey. The Giro Techne Women’s cycling shoe is our best Peloton compatible for beginners.
The first thing we should mention about these shoes is that they don’t come with the Look Delta cleats. You would have to buy the cleats separately.
However, the good thing about these shoes is they are compatible with both cleats, whether that is a 2 bolt or a 3 bolt one.
While we were testing these shoes out, we found the shoes to be very comfortable. We found that the padding in the heel provided great comfort when cycling. There are three velcro straps that allow you to tighten the shoe to your liking.
They also make the shoe really easy to remove. In terms of fit, we found these shoes to fit comfortably.
The shoes have a mesh upper that allows air to circulate so these shoes are breathable. This shoe also features a nylon outsole that helps with power when pedaling. The only issue we had with the design is after testing them, there were a few marks.
- Breathable - The mesh layer kept our feet cool and comfortable.
- Multipurpose - These shoes fit all types of cleats, meaning you could use them on all pedals.
- Comfortable - The padding around the heel made these shoes comfortable. The fit of the shoe also helped in terms of comfort.
- Marks - These shoes had marks on them after trying them out. This might be an issue in the long run.
Nike is a brand that is known for its athletic gear. That’s why it is no surprise that one of its shoes made it on this list. These shoes are some of the more expensive options on this list. However, these shoes also have some of the better design features.
The first thing we noticed about these shoes is their appearance. They don’t look like normal cycling shoes. In fact, the Nike SuperRep Cycle shoes look similar to regular sneakers. Also, these shoes have a few different colorways.
The other important thing we need to mention is the fact that these shoes do not come with cleats. So despite how expensive they are, this price doesn’t include the cleats needed to ride the Peloton.
This is a slightly disappointing aspect of these shoes. Although, the shoes are compatible with both Look Delta cleats and SPD cleats.
This is a great benefit, as you are able to use them for indoor or outdoor cycling, on any pedal. When these shoes arrived, they came with some SPD adapters.
We wouldn’t recommend these shoes for beginners as there isn’t a guide with these shoes, so those unfamiliar with cycling shoes might be confused about the different parts.
When we were testing these shoes out, we found them to be very comfortable. The shoes fit perfectly, so we would recommend getting your usual size, especially your normal Nike running shoes size.
The shoes were a little tight in some areas but they were not uncomfortable. Instead of the traditional velcro strap, these shoes had a hook-and-loop fastening. This was fairly easy to use and it kept our feet secure.
The shoes were lightweight and allowed more movement. The top of this shoe is made from mesh which helps with air circulation. We found that when testing these shoes, our feet didn’t get as sweaty.
- Breathable - The top of this shoe is mesh. This will keep your feet comfortable and dry.
- Appearance - We love that these shoes do not look like cycling shoes! Instead, they look like regular sneakers which makes them feel like they have more than one use.
- Multipurpose - These shoes are compatible with both Look Delta cleats and SPD cleats. Great for any type of cycling.
- No Cleats - There were no cleats with this shoe. This was quite disappointing when considering the price.
- Expensive - These shoes are not budget-friendly. The expense doesn’t cover all that you would need from a cycling shoe, for example, the cleats.
Best Men’s Peloton Compatible Shoe
Now, let’s take a look at the best Peloton compatible shoes on the market for men.
Since Venzo shoes were in our best Peloton compatible shoes for women, we needed to see how they held up for men. We are happy to report that the Venzo cycling shoes for men did just as well as they did for women.
The first thing we wanted to note about these shoes is they are extremely durable. After testing these shoes out, we found that they held up really well.
When discussing with others who have tested these shoes out, one person had mentioned they had worn them for well over a thousand miles, with no issues. After a lot of use, these shoes looked almost as good as new.
Let’s discuss the cleats. They are probably the most important part of cycling shoes. This particular pair of shoes comes with the Look Delta cleats. Although the shoes are compatible with both Look Delta and SPD cleats.
The shoes are quite stiff, but this helped with power when pedaling. The soles are tough which makes them durable.
The one issue we did notice about these shoes is that they make a bit of noise. There is an odd clicking sound which can be a bit distracting.
- Durable - The tough sole and stiffness of these shoes make them really durable. They showed no signs of wear after using them.
- Multipurpose - These shoes are compatible with both types of cleats, making them ideal for indoor and outdoor use.
- Comes with cleats - We love the fact that the cleats are included in the price of these shoes.
- Noise - These shoes make a clicking sound when working out. This can be distracting to users.
Similar to the Venzo shoes, we had to see how these Giro Stylus men’s shoes would perform. The Giro Stylus men’s cycling shoes are a great option for those who are new to cycling.
The first interesting thing to note about these shoes is that they are compatible with both the Look Delta cleats and 2 bolt cleats. However, these shoes do not come with any cleats, so you would need to buy them separately.
When we were testing these shoes out, we felt like our feet were supported nicely when riding. These shoes are also a little stiff which has its pros and cons. The pros of having a stiff shoe are that it helps with power.
The stiff soles are also good for durability. However, because the shoes were stiff, they didn’t hug our feet as much as we would have liked. We did find that there was a little more room in the toe box which would be good for those who have wider feet.
These shoes have laser cutouts in the upper, for ventilation. This is a great feature as it keeps your feet comfortable and relatively dry.
Some users noted that when riding with these shoes there was some heel slip, which can affect your overall performance. However, for using these shoes on the Peloton, it shouldn’t be too much of an issue.
- Multipurpose - These shoes are compatible with both cleats. You could comfortably use these shoes both on the Peloton and outdoors on a road bike.
- Durable - The stiffness of the sole is great for durability. It also helps to improve your endurance.
- Breathable - The laser cutouts in the upper of the shoe promote circulation. This is great for comfort as it keeps your feet dry. It also helps to keep your shoes from smelling.
- Stiff - Due to the stiffness of the shoe, it doesn’t hug your feet as tightly as you would want your cycling shoes too. This can, at times, make it feel like your feet are moving in the shoe too much.
- Slipping - The shoes sometimes slip at the heel which can impact your performance negatively.
Tommaso is another brand that features in our list for the best shoes for women that are compatible with the Peloton. This is why we knew it would be another great shoe to try out for men.
The most important thing to look at first with this brand is the design. These shoes are compatible with both Look Delta cleats and SPD cleats. As we mentioned before, this is great for those who would like to use these shoes for more than just riding on the Peloton.
You could use these shoes for mountain biking, cycling on a track, spinning, and many other purposes.
Going back to the design of these shoes, they don’t disappoint. The shoes are sleek looking. This particular shoe we’ve listed only comes in black, which is nice for those wanting a plain shoe.
The three velcro straps help to keep your feet secure in the shoe when cycling. The sole of this shoe is reinforced with fiberglass which makes it a really durable shoe. The sole helps improve the power transfer and makes riding a lot easier.
In terms of sizing, some people found these shoes were a bit small so they had to go up a size.
- Comes with cleats - These shoes come with the cleats included in the price. Make sure you click on the option for them to include the cleats.
- Secure - The velcro fastening keeps your foot secure in the shoe without it moving around in the shoe.
- Durable - The reinforced fiberglass sole helps to keep these shoes durable. This is great for those who are planning on using them a lot.
- Sizing - Some users had issues with the sizing as these shoes ran small for them. For those with wider feet, these might be tight.
The last shoe on this list is the Santic cycling shoes. The Santic cycling shoes are a great shoe for those looking to buy a shoe with multiple uses. These shoes are also relatively affordable and cheaper compared to the ones we’ve already listed.
The cleat area in this shoe is compatible with most pedals. This means you can use this shoe for the Peloton but also on a road bike. The shoe does not come with the cleats so you will have to purchase those separately.
These shoes are great for breathability, as they have many features specifically designed with breathability in mind.
The shoe has ventilation holes for air circulation, so your feet stay dry. We also love the fact that this shoe has an anti-slip feature on the heel. So your feet should be secure in this shoe.
- Breathability - Your feet stay dry and cool due to the ventilation and the anti-perspiration features.
- Multipurpose - This shoe is compatible with different types of cleats. You could enjoy these shoes indoors or outdoors.
- Secure - The anti-slip features make these shoes really secure.
- No cleats - The issue we found with these shoes is that you have to buy the cleats separately.
Now that we’ve looked at our best cycling shoes compatible with Peloton, it’s time to look at what you should keep in mind when purchasing cycling shoes.
This is such an important thing to consider when buying cycling shoes. You will need to make sure that the shoes have features that promote air circulation, like mesh uppers or ventilation holes.
Without having breathable shoes, it can cause health problems for your feet. It can also make wearing the shoes really unpleasant.
If you are someone who is new to cycling on the Peloton, you need to make sure that cleats are Look Delta ones. We recommend buying a shoe that already has the cleats so you don’t have to worry about finding out if the cleat you have purchased is compatible with the shoes.
Sizing is such an important part of buying your shoes. An incorrectly sized shoe can cause you pain and discomfort. In order to get the best shoe for you, we recommend trying them on in-store before buying if possible. Remember that if the shoe is unisex, the sizing may vary.
The last thing you want is to spend money on a shoe for it to only last a couple of uses. To help combat this problem we would recommend buying a shoe that has a good, stiff sole. As a tip, go for a shoe that is highly reviewed.
This is something that you might not expect to be in this buyer’s guide. Though, if you are someone who wants to make the most out of your shoes, then making sure they are multipurpose shoes is a great way to do that.
Opt for shoes that are compatible with different cleats, so you can use them indoors and outdoors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Wear Any Shoes On A Peloton Bike?
Yes, you are able to wear other shoes on a Peloton bike like sneakers. However, if you choose to do this you will need toe cages. You can find toe cages on the Peloton website.
Should My Shoes Be Tight Or Loose For The Peloton?
When choosing shoes to wear when on the Peloton bike you will want them to fit you perfectly. It is better to have the shoes tight than loose. This is because tight shoes will give you stability and the support your foot needs. A loose shoe may slip off.
That brings us to the end of our list looking at the 9 best Peloton compatible shoes for both men and women.
We hope this guide has answered all of your questions about the types of shoes you need. Have fun working out on your Peloton!
- 7 Best Peloton Bike Seats And Cushion Covers To Avoid Saddle Sores - January 14, 2022
- The Best Rear Bike Racks to Carry Things on Your Bicycle - January 14, 2022
- 6 Best Fan for Peloton Bike; Enjoy Your Riding With Fresh Air - January 14, 2022