As a cyclist, it can be difficult when you want to signal your presence to pedestrians or other cyclists. This is especially true if you are cycling in the dark when it is hard to see other people. It can also be frustrating when someone ahead of you is slowly walking and blocking your path.
Fortunately, you can use bike bells to indicate your presence. By activating these bells, you will be able to warn people that you are there. Consequently, these bells make for excellent safety features. In some places, a bike bell will be a necessity.
However, it can be hard to find the right bell for your bike. To help you find the optimal product, we have created a list of the best bike bells on the market. Please consider our picks if you are aiming to buy one of these useful products.
5 Best Bike Bells
OUR TOP PICK
Firstly, this bike bell from MARQUE is an excellent product. It produces a sharp and clear noise that will make it ideal for warning pedestrians or fellow cyclists.
Aside from this, the MARQUE bike bell is a versatile product. This can be observed in the fact that it fits most handlebars and is sold in a number of colors.
- 5 different colors to choose from - this bell is available in 5 different colors. This will enable you to find the color that best matches your aesthetic. The colors you can choose from are black, blue, green, pink, or white. Each of these pastel shades will look stunning and elegant on your bike.
- Clear sound - a bike bell would be pretty ineffective if it has poor sound quality. Luckily, you will not need to worry about this issue when it comes to this bell. The bell is simple to use and can be activated by your thumb.
- Alloy steel construction - in order for this bell to be sturdy and long-lasting, it has been made out of steel. As a result, you will not need to worry about it breaking easily. This can save the customer both time and money as you will not have to constantly replace the item.
- Straightforward installation - this bell can be attached to the handlebar of your bike with ease. It will fit most bikes, making it a flexible product.
- Will not fit all bikes - one of the negatives of this bell is that it will not fit every handlebar. It is made to fit handlebars that are 22.2mm/ 0.87inches in diameter.
The second item on this list is an amazing bike bell from Greallthy. It has lots of different worthwhile features, including an excellent quality of sound, a slick retro design, and sturdy construction.
- Multiple colors - if you are searching for a bell that comes in a range of different colors, it will be difficult to find a better product than this one. The range of colors includes black, gold, blue, green, pink, and silver. You will be able to match these brilliant bells to the color of your bike.
- Loud sound - do you want to get someone’s attention? This bell has a clear and noticeable sound that will alert other people.
- Protective pad - to stop this bell from sliding off, a protective pad has been built into the product.
- Retro design - if you have a vintage-looking bike, you may want to match it with this retro bell.
- Premium brass - this durable material has been used to construct the bell. Due to this, the bell will not rust and will take a long time to age. If durability is a priority for you, this will be an incredible option.
- Uncomfortable for your thumb - the bell is not the best choice for your thumb. Some customers have complained that the lever used to activate the bell is not very comfortable. If this is an issue for you, you may want to check out some of our other suggestions.
Next, this bike bell is a little different from the previous two products. Unlike them, this bell is electric. This product places a high emphasis on customization. Not only can you choose a ringtone, but you can select its volume.
These next-level features are rarely seen in your average bike bell. Aside from this, the bell can be purchased in 3 different colors and is very durable.
- 120 dB - the maximum noise capacity of this bell is certainly loud enough for you to get the attention of another person. This will be excellent for those who want to be heard.
- Customizable ringtone - standard bells tend to only have one noise. However, this amazing electric bell gives you the power to pick from 5 different sounds. These are doorbell, metal bell, whistle, siren, and vibrating bell. This level of customization is higher than most other bells.
- Volume adjustment - with this electric bell, you can select between a number of different volumes. As a result, you can choose the level that suits you best.
- Waterproof - this bike bell is able to withstand harsh elements, including water and dust. As a consequence, it is perfect for use in rainy weather.
- Rechargeable battery - if the battery runs out, don’t panic! The 500 mAh battery will only take 1.2 hours to charge. Once fully charged, the bell will work for around 2 months. This long-lasting battery will mean that you will not constantly need to recharge it.
- Expensive - though this item is not particularly high in cost, its price is still higher than many of its competitors. This includes the other bells featured in this list. Consequently, you should only consider investing in this item if you are willing to pay a little extra money.
If you are looking for a whimsical or child-friendly bike bell, look no further. This uniquely designed bell stands out from the crowd. It utilizes a fun-looking duck design that will appeal to lots of people.
Aside from this, it is also incredibly useful. It not only makes a noise when you press it, but the bell can light up. This will make cycling in the dark much more straightforward.
- Quirky design - if you find most bike bells to be quite boring, this bell will be right up your alley. It has a cute duck design that is colorful and fun-looking. You will be hard-pressed to find a bike bell with a design that is more quirky and full of character.
- Rotating helmet that is great for kids - if you attach this helmet to the duck bell, it will rotate whenever you are cycling. This will entertain younger users and will make for a delightful cycling experience.
- Multi-use - this bell is incredibly versatile and can be used for more than just a bike. You can also attach it to your car or baby carriage. This flexibility means this bell is incredible value for money.
- Replaceable batteries - nobody wants to spend loads of time and energy replacing the batteries of their various devices. Fortunately, this bell has a detachable bottom that enables you to replace the batteries.
- The bold design will not be for everyone - not all customers will be satisfied with such a quirky and unique design. If this is the case, you may want to look at some of the other items on this list. They have more conventional designs.
Finally, if you are looking for an electric bike bell, you may want to consider this product. This professional-looking device is great for people who are looking for a more modern design. This bell manages to balance being both sturdy and lightweight due to its silicone cover.
- 4 super cool designs - this electric bell looks very modern. You can get it in black, blue, green, or red. Each color makes for an awesome-looking gadget.
- 90 dB - at this volume, you will easily be able to notify people as to your presence. Due to this, it is ideal for commuting and cycling in the dark.
- Silicone cover - this elastic material will not cause any damage to your bike’s paintwork. Despite this, the material is sturdy. As a result, it will resist both water and dust.
- 3 ringtones - choose between 3 ringtones to find your favorite. To toggle between these ringtones, press down on the switch for between 3 and 5 seconds. This will empower you to find the sound that you find most effective.
- Lightweight - this bell has been designed to be as compact as possible.
- Quieter than other models - compared to the Mtolu electric bell, this item is much quieter. Therefore, it will not be as suitable for those who want a loud bell. Despite this, many customers still find it to be sufficiently noisy.
After reading through our recommendations, you will be in a more advantageous spot to begin searching for a high-quality bike bell. This is because this guide will have given you a more thorough understanding of the pros and cons of various products.
However, you should bear in mind that shopping for a bike bell is actually harder than it originally appears. This is because there are many different factors that you will have to think about.
To help make your shopping experience much smoother, we have underlined some of the most important elements for you to consider. When shopping, please carefully contemplate the following factors.
While this will not be a very important factor to some people, others will be invested in the color of their bike bell. Having a cool and appealing color will add to the aesthetic value of your bike.
If you are looking for a specific color, you should check out the products that are available in a range of colors. These products are more versatile and will entitle you to find a color that most latkes your fancy.
As you will have seen from this list, bike bells are sold in a variety of different designs. Thus, choosing a design can be a little overwhelming. You should consider what vibe you want your bell to have.
If you are looking for a bike bell for a child, you should go for a design that is more cartoonish and novelty. The NEKRASH bell is an excellent example of this. If you are shopping for an adult, you may want to go for a more basic look.
However, you will also need to choose between a retro or modern design, since lots of products are available in both categories.
If a bell is not very sturdy, you will need to replace it. Having to buy a replacement means spending more money and wasting more energy. To avoid this problem, you should double-check that your bike bell has been sturdily constructed.
This can include checking which materials have been used. If metals are present, the bell is likely to be stronger. When getting an electric bell, you should also make sure that it is waterproof.
Otherwise, it will become easily damaged in bad weather. This will mean that you will be unable to use your bike bell in the rain.
Ease of Installation
Most people will not want to spend a lot of time and effort installing their bell onto their bikes.
After all, most people lead busy lives. If this is the case for you, it may be best to avoid any products that seem complicated to install. These items are likely to cause you a lot of hassle.
If you want a hassle-free experience, it is advised that you research the installation method. This information should be included in a product’s online description.
If you are buying a bike bell in store, this information should be featured on the packing of a bell.
The main function of a bike bell is to be loud. This will enable you to alert other people, making them aware that you are present. Therefore, when looking for a bell, you will need to ensure that it is loud.
Otherwise, it will be unable to fulfill its primary purpose. If you are getting an electric bell, you will likely want to locate a product that allows you to adjust the volume level. Doing so will mean you can find a volume that you are comfortable with.
Nobody wants to use a bike bell that will create an irritating noise. If this is the case, you may want to consider getting an electric bike bell. These items give you the opportunity to choose which sound you prefer.
Electric vs Standard
As you can see from this list, you will either be able to obtain a standard bike bell or an electric one. This is one of the main decisions that will need to be made.
Electric bells are often more advanced and customizable than their more basic competitors.
This is because they allow you to change their volume and sound. This makes them an excellent item for people who want to ensure that they are heard when they are cycling.
However, electric products tend to be more expensive. In addition, they can also be weaker than standard bells. This is because they may be more vulnerable to damage from water.
Moreover, you will need to stay on top of your electric bike bell when it comes to charging. If you forget to charge the bell, it will not work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Bike Bells Considered Rude?
This will depend on how you use the bell. The bell itself is not rude. If you are only using it occasionally to warn people of your presence, the bell will not be considered rude by most reasonable people.
However, if you are constantly using the bell, people will begin to find it annoying. If your bell is especially loud or has an annoying sound, people are likely to be irritated by it.
You should only use the bell if you are altering someone to your presence or if you need to grab someone’s attention.
Are Bike Bells A Legal Requirement?
This will depend on where you live. In some places, including many US states, the bike bell is a legal requirement. For example, a bike bell is required in South California.
The reason for this is that it is a crucial safety feature.
- 7 Best Peloton Bike Seats And Cushion Covers To Avoid Saddle Sores - January 14, 2022
- The Best Rear Bike Racks to Carry Things on Your Bicycle - January 14, 2022
- 6 Best Fan for Peloton Bike; Enjoy Your Riding With Fresh Air - January 14, 2022